View of Sheffield, c. 1720-1740
Full title: To the Worshipful the Master, Wardens, Searchers and Assistants of the Corporation of the Cutlers in Hallamshire in the County of York, this North Perspective View of the Town of Sheffield is most humbly dedicated by Gentlemen, c. 1720-1740.
Drawn by Hatfield, Engraver.
Engraved by H. White.
Printed and sold by T. Oughtibridge.
The New Church was St Paul's which stood on the site of the Peace Gardens. It later had a dome on the tower which, not being shown on this drawing, helps to date it.
Original at Sheffield Local Studies Library: y09999
© Sheffield City Council